ILM Academy is looking for a PrincipalSchool Background:
Located in the heart of one of the technological hubs in the country, and yet nestled safely in the cozy suburbs of Atlanta, ILM Academy, one of the finest Islamic schools in the nation, seeks the leadership & mentorship of an exceptional & a dynamic principal. Our school has respectfully earned the reputation of academic brilliance, with our splendid students ranked as the top 20% in the nation; when measured against the standardized ITBS scores. The charming and tech-savvy school has been thriving for over eight successful years, with a flourishing student population of over 220. Part of ILM Academy’s distinction, is that it is successfully accredited with three prestigious and widely recognized organizations: Georgia State, AdvancedED, and CISNA. Want to continue the story and take it to the next level? Then, come and resurrect the “Golden Age of Islam” at ILM Academy! ILM needs you!
The School Principal acts as the operational and educational leader of the school providing academic leadership and organizational management to the ILM community which includes students, staff, parents, volunteers and the larger Muslim community.
• Practice ILM Academy's Mission and Vision
• Develop, Demonstrate and foster an attitude of continuous improvement within the school community
• Recruit, lead, manage and mentor all school personnel
• Build and nurture a professional and positive, working environment
• Manage school operations within the approved budget
• Propose yearly financial budget to the board
• Establish or enhance and implement school procedures
• Implement Board approved policies
• Provide excellent customer service to students, parents, volunteers and the community at large
• Lead development of the school’s curriculum
• Conduct staff evaluations
• Manage the School Accreditation and State recognition process
• Follow through with the implementation of the Strategic Plan in a timely manner, as approved by the Board
• Establish and Maintain routine form of communication with all stakeholders
• Masters Degree or higher, with relevant licenses or certifications either completed or in the process of completion
• A total experience of 10 years in education with at least 5 in educational leadership and organizational management
• Masters Degree or higher in the field of education
• Experience leading, working or volunteering at Islamic schools in North America
• Business management or operations management experience
Technical Competencies and Skills:
• A committed, knowledgeable and practicing Muslim with the passion for developing Islamic education and a desire to nurture young Muslims
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to positively impact staff, students, parents and the community with proven ability for conflict resolution
• Deep understanding of the major trends in curriculum, instruction, assessment and school culture
• Proven experience with successful professional development training and with school and staff guidance and improvement
• Proven ability to lead both staff and stakeholders with depth of experience
• Takes initiative and works independently
• Works well as part of a team of stakeholders with diverse backgrounds, skills, and experiences
• Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic in order to achieve team and individual goals
• Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
• Works with integrity and leads by example
Very competitive with other schools and based upon qualifications, experience and proven results. Relocation package is available.
Submit your resume, cover letter, transcripts and references to email@example.com
Academics - Islam - Excellence
ILM Academy is metro Atlanta's first private, parent run, non-profit, Islamic School. With the blessings of Allah, the tremendous growth in the North Atlanta Muslim Community in the last few years has led to a realization among many parents for the dire need of a premier Islamic institution serving the Alpharetta and Roswell area. Over the summer of 2008, a number of motivated and concerned parents and community members decided it was time to put their thoughts into action. The result, Alhamdulillah, is ILM Academy, an AdvancED/CISNA accredited, parent governed, independently run and professionally managed Pre to K-8 Islamic School.
With the pursuit of 'ihsan' (excellence) as a core motivator, we strongly believe in raising the bar higher for our children's education. We also realize that an integrated approach to teaching is essential in producing the next generation of confident and aware Muslims.
Our hope, Insha Allah, is that our children will stand up and deliver tomorrow if we can provide them with a safe, encouraging, nurturing and mind-challenging environment today.
ILM Academy, Inc. has been granted 501(c)(3) tax exempt status as a public charity. Our Tax ID is 80-0200534.